Firstly, Happy New Year everyone! I was lucky enough to watch the fireworks in London with my partner and it was so cool! For anyone that has not been before. I would highly recommend!
I did not blog last year on goals and I thought I would take this as an opportunity to do so. I do not believe in resolutions, as these tend to be short lived. Therefore I have a list of goals that I want to achieve in 2016. This will enable me to reflect on my progress at the end of the year, making a commitment to myself. Its written down, set in stone!
My Goals in 2016 are:
- Try to blog at least once a month, a goal I set in 2015, which I did not meet (one down!)
- Obtain the Cisco CCNA Security certification to extend my CCNA and progress through the Cisco certification track. I hope to do some posts during this journey
- Keep on top of my Open University degree in Computing & IT and Business (est. completion end of 2017)
- Make healthy food choices, more meat (mmmm steak!), fruit and veg – less junk
- Try and hit the gym at least 3-4 times a week. focusing mainly on strength
- Buy a house with my partner, automate most things and hide a home lab somewhere…
- To deliver more speeches at the Thanet Speakers Club
- Network network network…
- Visit Amsterdam and make it back in one piece!
- Read more! whether it be autobiographies, fiction/non-fiction, blogs etc
This year is going to be a busy one!