To start off with I passed the VMware VCP5-DV exam on Tuesday 22nd January 2013 (second attempt) so going to this event with other VCPs felt rather good. 🙂
This was my first VMware user group (VMUG) that I have attended. Some of the meetings I took part in (http://www.vmug.com/e/in/eid=695):
- Nutanix Presentation – Alan Campbell and Rob Tribe, Nutanix
- Your Journey to the Post-PC Era – Brian Gammage, VMware
- EUC Panel with VDI Gurus – Brian Gammage, VMware
- 10Zig Presentation – Thin Client Technology at Its Peak – James Broughton, 10Zig
- Update – What’s Here and What’s Coming Soon – Spencer Pitts, VMware EUC
- VMware Certification Update – Gregg Robertson
- Social beers at The Pavilion End,
It was great meeting people I talk to and follow on twitter, putting a face to a name. I would highly recommend going to one if you can, the social networking, bouncing ideas off each other and asking the pro’s on their thoughts/recommendations is worth the experience. I even got a t-shirt for being a newbie! cool!
In the near future I will be doing a quick summary of the resources I used whilst studying for the VMware VCP5-DV exam.