Trying to sneak this in under the radar, this post is a little late! Happy New Year!
Last year, for the first time on this blog, I set myself some goals. Admittedly some of these didn’t go to plan – not all goals go according to plan. Here is a summary of my 2016 goals and then my goals for 2017.
1. Try to blog at least once a month, a goal I set in 2015, which I did not meet (one down!)
This didn’t go to plan…
2. Obtain the Cisco CCNA Security certification to extend my CCNA and progress through the Cisco certification track. I hope to do some posts during this journey
Changed course here, started studying towards the Cisco CCNA Data Center (CCNA status renewed)
3. Keep on top of my Open University degree in Computing & IT and Business (est. completion end of 2017)
Still on track
4. Make healthy food choices, more meat (mmmm steak!), fruit and veg – less junk
This worked well – lost 6KG – more to go in 2017!
5. Try and hit the gym at least 3-4 times a week. Focusing mainly on strength
Uni work got in the way here, shall pick this up in 2017
6. Buy a house with my partner, automate most things and hide a home lab somewhere…
Still ongoing, sold my property… moving is stressful!
7. To deliver more speeches at the Thanet Speakers Club
I made huge amounts of progress in 2016, including doing a topics session, evaluated a couple of speeches and general evaluator for a meeting
8. Network network network…
I think I attended one networking event last year (January 2016 – VMware user group) – Not as many as I hoped
9. Visit Amsterdam and make it back in one piece!
Sadly, this didn’t happen – still time in the future!
10. Read more! whether it be autobiographies, fiction/non-fiction, blogs etc
Picked up reading a little bit, more to follow in 2017
Goals for 2017:
- Focus on my health more by going to the gym and eating a balanced diet. Aim to lose 5-10KG
Drink plenty of water, limit coffee to one per day, before 12
This year is the final push to complete my Computing and IT & Business (BSc) degree with the Open University
Renew VMware VCP status by March 2017
Set aside 30 minutes per day to read a non-technical book, I plan on doing this before bed
Complete the Cisco CCNA Data Center track